SWEET AND SOUR PORK
Ola mi amigos. Yaaay!!!! today is foodie friday and my darling, Rozie has shared with us her phenomenal and oh so tasty sweet and sour pork recipe that is so easy to make. She made me this a while back at my place and my husband insisted i should get the recipe and cook it often. Hope you all love it as much as i did. My apologies for not posting this earlier in the day (had one of those crazy busy days)
450g Pork (semi-lean), cut into 3 inch cubes
Enough oil for deep-frying
4 tbsps ketchup
3 tbsps chilli sauce
3 tsps plum sauce
1 tsp of light soy sauce
2 tbsps water
1-2 tbsps sugar (add sugar tablespoon by tablespoon and taste after the first to see if you want to add more sugar)
Mixture for Dredging:
3 tbsps all purpose (plain) flour
3 tbsps corn flour
1 large onion
1 cucumber, peeled, deseeded and cubed
1 small green capsicum
1 small red capsicum
1 small yellow capsicum
1 red chilli pepper
1. Prepare the sauce first by mixing all the ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil mixing well. Remove from heat once well-mixed and pour into a bowl. Set aside.
2. Boil the pork with some salt until well cooked.
3. Prepare the vegetables listed above.
4. Heat up enough oil for deep-frying. Turn heat to medium. Fry the pork cubes batch by batch after dredging through the dredging mixture. Fry until crispy! Repeat for the remaining cubes. Allow to cool for about 15-20 minutes.
5. Clean your pan or wok. Heat about 1 tbsp of oil in the wok again. Sauté the onion and red chilli peppers until fragrant.
6. Pour in the sweet and sour sauce prepared earlier. Bring to a boil. Pour in the fried pork. Mix well to coat the pork with sauce evenly. Pour in the cucumber and capsicum (and pineapple if using). Mix well to coat.
Thanks for stopping by. We truly appreciate your support in this blogging journey.
Have a lovely weekend and be safe out there.
With lots of love from Naya David and Rose Wakasa